Word that shows an action and state of being
FORM OF VERBS
1) Action Verb (run, walk, talk, jump)
- Express what someone or something does
- Example : I jump over the fence.
2) State Verb (be, do, have, believe, know)
- Example : I have to go to the library this afternoon.
3) Auxiliary Verb
- Support and give meaning to the verb
- BEFORE verb in a sentence.
a) To express ability - can, could
b) To express possibility - may, might
c) To express permission - may, can
d) To express advisability - should, ought to, had better
e) To express necessity - must, have to
- To describe nouns
- Position of adjectives: before nouns(modifier) and after linking verb (complements)
B) FORMS OF ADJECTIVES
1) Shapes, colors, sizes, quantity, quality, nationality, etc.
- Examples : Laura looks beautiful in that yellow dress.
2) Some nouns can also function as an adjectives
- Examples : The stone wall is strong( stone - noun functioning as an adjectives)