To link nouns, pronouns and phrases to other words in a sentence.
FORMS OF PRONOUNS
a)Prepositions of Time (since, for, ago, before, during, etc...)
- Used at a specific time
- Example: a) I start work at 7.00 a.m.
b) I sleep at night.
- Used for specific days, dates and special occasions.
- Example: a) My birthday is on Tuesday.
b) We're having a birthday party on 3rd November.
c) On Easter Day
- Used in non-specific time during a day, a month, a season or a year.
- Example: a) I started this website in 1993.
b) We are going to New Zealand in Winter.
b) Preposition of Place (over, below, above, under, etc. )
- Used for a point.
- Example: The nursery is located at the end of the street.
- Used for enclosed space.
- Example: Do you live in Korea?
- Used for surfaces.
- Example: The book is on the table.
- Used for movement to a person or building, movement to a place or country and to go to bed.
- Example: Lina will go to the cinema tonight.
c) Prepositions of Position (above, against, along, etc. )
- Example: The girl ran across the road to catch her ball even though there was a heavy traffic.
d) Preposition of Manner (at, with, by)
- Example: She learned Japanese at 18.